Monday 11 March 2013

Formal Makeup Inspiration



Hello darlings,

On Wednesday night I'm going to the Leeds Uni Law Ball as a date to someone. I say this as though I have no right to be there myself when in fact I do, I have just thus-far managed to avoid said occasion. However, I am going to be in attendance this year, and could I say, it's been a lot more work (and money!) than what was initially anticipated! I have the dress, the shoes, the handbag and the accessories, but I'm still stuck on hair and makeup. I want to do something different. I know I'm going to wear my hair up, which will be a mammoth task in itself, but I don't know what I'm doing with my makeup. 

My dress is pale pink, so I'm not going to go wild on the colour front as I would most likely end up looking like a dragon. I'm decided on soft pink lips, I just need to decide on the eyes now. These are my picks for inspiration.






Most of you will have seen the first look on Facebook, I must have seen it a hundred times now. But every time I look at it, I think how beautiful it looks. I'd swap the peach tone for a pink though, something like 'Expensive Pink' from MAC which is a bronzy dusky pink. 

I'm also in love with the lips on the third look, the fact that they're so luminous really attracts me. 

I think I'd like to aim for a sort of cross between the first and third images, although I do love how sultry the final look is. I think I need to have a play around with some shades and see what I think. If I get time, I'll pop a few looks on here and see what you ladies prefer?

I hope you're all having a lovely day!

Lea
x

(Images via weheartit.com)

36 comments:

  1. I love the first one, but also love how natural and fresh the third one looks! Have fun at the ball

    Love India

    callofbeautyxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that too, I'm just afraid it might not give me enough definition around the eyes.. I'll try it out! x

      Delete
  2. the second photo & the last photo are my faves, they're glamourous but not over the top. They'd go perfect with a pink dress!:) Xx.

    myloveforxx.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely loving the last one, and you're right, that would look great with pink! Thanks hun :) x

      Delete
  3. I love the eyes in the second photo, I imagine they'd look gorgeous with pale pink!!
    Have a lovely time :)

    Jesss xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a gorgeous colour aren't they? I'm definitely going to try that one out! :D x

      Delete
  4. Hey girl - it's been a while since i've stopped by! Great post :)

    http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey hun, thanks! Glad you enjoyed it :) x

      Delete
  5. Wow these are stunning but that first one is spot on! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these are soooo pretty! My fav is the first one, even though it's a bit too dramatic! :)) Have a great time love! <3

    XO,
    http://www.rosychicc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun :) I had a great time! :D x

      Delete
  7. I'm really loving the second look, such a pretty bronze smokey eye, all the looks are very impressive though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the eyelashes are especially gorgeous on the second one :D x

      Delete
  8. Awww what great inspiration, I love the subtle smokey eyes, they are so pretty!

    A little bit Unique

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love love the last look. It's perfect for a soft pink dress because it's neutral-ish and classic. I really like your blog. I'm your newest follower...come check out my blog?

    Jen xx
    jentea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much, that's such a lovely comment! Of course I will :) x

      Delete
  10. i love them all! so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Should have got you round to do it! xxxx

      Delete
  12. lovely post <3
    an we follow also on Bloglovin facebook and twitter?? what do you think?
    let me know I'll follow back for sure
    New post is up on my blog you should have a look :)
    oxoxoxo
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your blog! Following now, stay in touch xx

    thedailysugar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice post! I love the look on the second and third picture :)

    www.tlnique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm loving the third I must admit :D x

      Delete
  15. That first one is really pretty but I also like that fourth one. I'm sure that whatever makeup look you decide to go with, you will look amazing. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks hun, that's so lovely <3 x

      Delete
  16. In love with the first look with either a French pleat or a tousled up do and simple pearls would look stunning on you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Hun I think you should be a personal styler! That sounds amazing!! xxxx

      Delete
    2. Ah thank you sweetie :-) I used to be a personal shopper at beatties :-) and ex hairdresser lol. Your stunning you'd be so easy to dress darling xxxx

      Delete
  17. All the looks are divine but the first one is just stunning! I think I'm gonna have to recreate it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hun you have a great blog here, and that first makeup look inspiration, wow, you'll look beautiful, thank you for the sweet comment on my blog, I'm following you back now hun

    xoxo
    suzy

    fashionabliyours.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete