Thursday 30 May 2013

Where to start, where to start?


Hello Darlings,

It's been over two months since my last post and what a whirlwind it has been. As some of you may know, I study Law at Leeds Uni, and this was my third and final year. This of course meant the dreaded dissertation, and also finals. Eugh. 
My dissertation deadline came up so quickly, it all seemed to culminate in a frantic scramble to get it finished; cue plenty of allnighters. This was closely followed with my exam period and I can honestly say it almost finished me off. In one particular week I had around 20 hours sleep in a 5 day period, safe to say I was exhausted. 
However, I am now absolutely overjoyed to say that... IT'S OVER! It's no secret that I wasn't a fan of my degree, it was what my family wanted, and I'm so relieved to never have to sit a pointless exam ever again. Honestly, one of my final year compulsory topics was Jurisprudence, which is a study of the theory behind law. This included a study into how literature portrays the law, and in one particular area, this meant a study of Harry Potter (the Ministry of Magic) blah blah blah. Before you all think I'm off studying the trial of the Hippogryph Buckbeak, I can assure you my other topics included family law and equity and trusts - not nearly as exciting. However, at least I'm now particularly clued up as to how to deal with my will; every cloud and all that. 


Moving on from the genuine excitement of my law degree which has undoubtedly got you on the very edge of your seats, I alas, do not have much else to report. I have plenty of blogging ideas whirling around in my head and am also considering a little blog makeover, but we shall see. It won't be anything too drastic if I do. Christ on a bike it took me long enough to tinker about to get this one looking semi decent. 

I'm looking forward to getting back to my hobby again, and shunning my textbooks, (Herring - Family Law, I'm looking at you buddy). Thanks for once again sticking by me, and I can't wait to see what you guys have been up to while I've been a hermit in a corner of my bedroom, slowly getting more and more pasty. 


Abiento!

Lea
x

p.s. All this hype about GFC; it's still going to be working (so I am informed), so if you'd like to follow me, please still click on the button to the right :) Alternatively, you can follow me via Bloglovin' <3. 

7 comments:

  1. ahha you are right, i want to finish my exams now!!

    good luck lovelie!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep it up, it's such a good feeling when they're over!! x

      Delete
  2. I'm currently revising (actually at this very moment I'm procrastinating) for my A Levels and I'm quite jealous of how you look in that picture (in a good way, it's lovely!) I feel like I move from bed to my desk and that is all at the minute! Can't wait to finish! Enjoy your freedom now!! :)
    Elle xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me I know how you feel. It's so depressing isn't it! Good luck with your exams hun!! x

      Delete
  3. Your back!!!!!!!!!! <3 Missed you xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello darling, I am indeed! :D <3 xxxxxx

      Delete
  4. Your back !!! Yay!! Sounds horrendous darling I'm
    Still an under grad at the moment so got it all to come lol... Christ on a bike awesome mental image lol xxx love as always gorgeous girlie xxx

    ReplyDelete