Monday 4 June 2012

Slimming into Summer progress [5]

SO...


It's been a couple of weeks since I posted one of these, it's such a relief to be finished with exams (for now) and had the chance to catch up on some sleep and relaxation time. Now I'm in full swing of summer mode and I'm super excited to be back to blogging!

I've had a week off my health kick, I say off, I've been sticking to about 1500 calories a day, so hardly gone wild. But since it was the end of exams and the Summer Ball, I was obviously drinking more than usual (I'm not normally a big drinker) so I thought I deserved a treat.

As of tomorrow however I'm back on a full on health kick, and to keep me motivated and on track with my running I'm going to be doing the Couch To 5k plan. I'm also hoping to go swimming a couple of times a week (any excuse to use the steam room/sauna hehe!)

I have a really busy couple of weeks, I'm going back to my parents home this weekend, (even though they've left for Vietnam) to pick up my car and my keyboard, and to visit my grandparents. I'm also going to visit Alex's parents for a night and then on Sunday it's one of my best friend's, 50th birthday. (I know that might seem a bit odd, but trust me). Aside from that I'm rabbit sitting for my friend, and packing up my flat for our move in just over two weeks, while shopping for the new place and fitting in as much health as possible! Whew!

So! I'm now half way through my goal. I was initially hoping for a stone and a half loss in total, but I've decided to push for 2 stone. Although I understand that as my body becomes healthier and stronger I might put weight on due to muscle. Basically I want to reach somewhere that I feel happy with for my body, and then really work on maintaining it.
This half way point seems a good place to re-group and re-focus on what I'm aiming to do and really go for it!

So far I have managed to check 3 things off my list,
  • I drink at least 4 glasses of water a day
  • I go for a walk or swim around twice a week
  • I meditate for two 1 hour sessions per week (works wonders, honestly)

This week I'm going to give myself two goals, one of which I've pretty much already accomplished:


1. The first is to read a book, I actually read a book last night from start to finish - it was Crossed by Allie Condie (I really enjoyed the two books in this series, it's an interesting concept and a pretty easy read - a nice change from EU Law Statutes!!) But I'm going to try to read 'A Tiny Bit Marvellous' by Dawn French this week. I bought it for Alex a while ago and she really enjoyed it, so I thought why not?

2. The second is to stretch daily - well I've signed up for a yoga class at my gym this week, and also a beginners pilates class. I'm so excited for them and hopefully if I like them I will keep it up with going! So for this one, I'm going to make it a three week check off and see what happens at the end of it!

I missed you lovelies, I hope you've had a nice time while I've been away :D

Lea
x


(Images via GoogleImages)

No comments:

Post a Comment