Wednesday 9 May 2012

Bobbi Brown Starter Kit/ Recommendations



If you're new to makeup and just want to play around with it, I don't really recommend this as it is quite pricey. However if you want to start expanding your collection of high end makeup, or want to start out with a few high end essentials that you can use every day, or even just fancy a look at what I recommend, then read on!

I started out wearing Bobbi Brown makeup when I was 14. My mum could see that I was starting to wear makeup on a daily basis and thought the best idea was to take me to somewhere that I could get some high quality products and be taught how to us
e them properly at the same time. Enter Bobbi Brown. Her motto is to enhance what you naturally have and I couldn't agree more.


My starter kit was as follows:

Tinted Moisturiser
Creamy Concealer Kit
Sheer Finish loose setting powder
The Face Brush - has just been re-promoted
Eyeshadow in Black Plum to line my top lids with
An Ultra Fine Eyeliner Brush
Mascara - I think it's been rebranded as the Extreme Party Mascara
Rose Shimmer Brick
Face Blender Brush
Lipgloss in the shade Rosy (I think)

Over the years my collection has grown, and the other items I used on a daily basis when I was young were the Crystal Lip Gloss, Pot Rouge in Bright Pink, Shimmer Brick in Bronze and the lipsticks. I also switched out to a more full coverage foundation which was the Moisture Rich foundation I believe.


As a starter I can't recommend those products enough, but if I had to cut it down, this is what I would advise:

Shimmer Wash Eyeshadow - £15.50 - choose a light pretty colour that complements your eyes such as rose gold or lilac, or a neutral colour such as Taupe from the regular eyeshadow range.

I know these seem pricey, but I honestly feel that they are great staples that will really last, and will make you look great. The skin products especially are brilliant products and if you wanted to spend money somewhere I'd put it into a good base.

Here are a few of my favourites that I think would make great additions as you build your collection.

Makeup:

Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks - £18 - I love Pale Pink, Raspberry and Calypso Rose
Blush - £18 - I love Apricot, Pale Pink and Plum
High Shimmer Lip Gloss - £17 - I love Bellini, Citrus and Naked Plum
Treatment Lip Shine - £17 - these are like a high end Lip Butter, I love Berry, Papaya and Pink Glisten
Brow Kit - £35
Shimmer Brick - £30.50 - The Nectar one is next on my list!


The Brushes:

The Bobbi Brown Brushes are extremely ex
pensive in my opinion, but there are a few that I feel are worth it, I've used mine every single day since I bought them.

The Face Brush - A short stubby brush that is great at dispensing powder. I've had mine for years but they disappeared and have now been re-promoted!
Ultra Fine Eyeliner Brush - does exactly what it's supposed to!
Face Blender Brush - works great with Shimmer Bricks.

Misc:

Bobbi Brown has a few books out that I really recommend, She had one on teen beauty that I used to read religiously when I first started and I really believe it helped me.


I'd love to know your favourite makeup brand and what you recommend, let me know!

Lea
x

(Images taken from BobbiBrown.co.uk, no copyright infringement intended)

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Think ill pick a few of these up next time i pass! :)
    http://gigglesandmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'd love to know what you get if you do pick something up! x

      Delete