Sunday 2 June 2013

Soul It Out Sunday - Dreams


Hello Darlings,

It's my favourite day of the week again, you all know how I love my music.
I am aware that these posts are a hit and miss with you guys, but it's something that I love doing, and frankly if I spread a song to even one person, it's worth it to me. In my opinion the craft of music is in a serious decline, and I'm in love with the way that (in my opinion) it should be.

This weeks song is by the fabulous Fleetwood Mac. They had a particularly fabulous album called 'Tango in the Night' that was released in 1987. Not my favourite time music wise (or in general if I'm honest), but I do enjoy that album, if you ever find it knocking about, I recommend a listen.

I doubt that many of you out there won't have heard of Stevie Nicks, she has to be one of my favourite female artists, with such a lovely tone to her voice. This song really showcases her talent, and I'm sure it's one a lot of you will recognise.



'Dreams' is from Fleetwood Mac's 1997 album, Rumours. It was written by Stevie Nicks, and was Fleetwood Mac's only number one US hit, remaining in the Billboard Hot 100 for 19 weeks. It peaked at number 6 in the UK.
Initially it was criticised for the chord pattern being too simplistic, mainly consisting of a three chord structure. However, the song was pushed through, and became a massive success.

Happy listening everyone,

Lea 
x

p.s. All this hype about GFC; it's still going to be working (so I am informed), so if you'd like to follow me, please still click on the button to the right :) Alternatively, you can follow me via Bloglovin' <3. 

2 comments:

  1. Ah I've just got my hands on a fleetwood mac rumors LP... I was so excited it sounds so good :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like some of Fleetwood Macs songs, Landslide is my absolute fave though, it gives me goosebumps! xx

    ReplyDelete