Saturday 1 June 2013

Every girl has a favourite dress?


Hello Sweetpea!

When I was growing up, I never really had a favourite dress. Actually, maybe that's a lie..
I remember I had one when I was much younger, maybe 6-7, which my grandparents brought me back from Portugal. It was a very expensive, heavy emerald green material with white trim and lace detail, very tutu-ish in the skirt, and I loved it. 
Fast forward to now, and it's taken me years to get giddy over a dress. Normally I like one for a little while and then I'll snap; something in me will have changed the way I see it, and alas, it's a favourite no more. (Bit fickle there Lea... I can assure you I do still wear these dresses). 

However! Over a year ago now I found the one. And I love it so much, I really limit the times I wear it, so it's a real special occasion dress. It wasn't that expensive, it was from one of the concessions at Topshop, maybe around £80. You know when you put a dress on and you just feel nice? Well it's one of those. It's flattering, it's bright, and most importantly, it's fun!


If any of you have recognised me from my incredibly brief appearance on a rather embarrassing TV reality series (which I thankfully severely doubt), you'll spot it's the one I wore then. (And yes, I would rather die than ever do that again - for the record, how I left was a set up, I opted out based on what the next episode entailed). It was potentially one of my less wonderful decisions in life! But hey ho! We live and learn!

If this was my one and only dress for the rest of my life I would be happy, I'm a monogamous lady! Do you have a favourite dress? Or are you a polyamorous dress lover? Let me know!

Have a wonderful day lovelies,

Lea
x

p.s. All this hype about GFC; it's still going to be working (so I am informed), so if you'd like to follow me, please still click on the button to the right :) Alternatively, you can follow me via Bloglovin' <3. 

6 comments:

  1. I find it really hard to LOVE a dress.... Ok that strived for hourglass figure which is good and bad... Structured outfits greats some dresses bad bad bad baggy round my waist... So I am a women of many dress loverrrrsss :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What tv show? Please don't say snog marry avoid ;) haha. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so curious as to which tv show now haha!
    This dress is gorgeous and you look lovely in it :)
    Cute blog!
    www.lanouvellenoire.blogspot.co.uk
    Andrea
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look like you were taken right out of a movie! Loved your blog and will come back for sure!

    Oh, I just started following you by the way on GFC and Bloglovin! Hope you come by my blog! Would love to know what you think about it, and maybe follow me back if you like it?

    These are my links hun <3:
    Instant Milk link
    Facebook page link
    Bloglovin link

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the TV show.....that was so bad I had to watch the whole series.....when you eventually told me what it was!!! haha I love that dress on you <3
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, this looks so good on you!
    I'm definitely a polyamorous dress lover, you can never have enough pretty dresses :)
    I'm dying to know which TV show, too!

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete