Wednesday 21 March 2012

Boots No7 Sheer Temptation Review

On my way to Ikea yesterday I nipped into Boots to repurchase my beloved Dermablend, and received a £5 off No7 voucher when I paid. So I decided to use it there and then and chose one of their Sheer Temptation Lipsticks in the colour 07 Appeal. I've had my eye on it for a while as it's a bright orange but has a very balmy texture. When I swatched it, it came out fairly pigmented so I thought why not.


What I have to say about this lipstick is that the texture is great if you go for a lip balm kind of feel, and it delivers a nice sheen to the lips. However as you can see, the colour once on the lips almost disappears, and what is there is quite patchy. It's slightly more pigmented than that in some lights, but only marginally.
Is it worth it then? I'd say with a £5 off voucher they're great as a tinted lipbalm. But for me, the £10 price tag is ridiculous when there's practically no payoff (for this colour anyway).

I'd be interested to know if any of you have tried this range of lipsticks and what you thought of them? Are the other colours any better?

Lea
x


6 comments:

  1. I very seldom wear lip colours so for me a lip-balm with the slightest tint to it is perfect. This looks very pretty!
    xx


    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo


    http://urbanumbrella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say that it's great for an easy look on a day with no mirror, and great if youre into the tinted lip balm feel/look :) x

      Delete
  2. I bought 'Entice' (dark purple) but it's really nothing more than an average glossy dark pink once it's on, not the dramatic colour I'd hoped for. Probably worth buying with a voucher though, I do like that it makes my lips feel soft :)
    Love your blog! I'm a new follower :)
    Mine is www.treat-party.blogspot.com, if you want to have a look :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following :) I'll pop over and have a look now :) x

      Delete
  3. Personally I'm not a big fan of any lipsticks of this texture, I just feel they're all too much like lipgloss. I prefer my lipstick to be proper lipstick if you know what I mean.
    I work for Boots and find that they do have thier fans usually people who don't want much colour on thier lips.

    http://beautyaddictsguidetothegalaxy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they do, I was just surprised at how less pigmented it was on my lips than when swatched on my hand!x

      Delete